About the Job
We use tools and technologies that are both productive and rewarding: Node.js, MongoDB, AWS, MQTT, express.js, socket.io. puppet/chef. We are always on the lookout for the best new ways to get things done and your input will be crucial. You will also be part of an active community of open source hardware and software hackers, tinkerers and makers.
What You’ll Do
You will work closely with the CEO and Product Managers to design, develop and deploy our flagship product. You will be part of a focused, agile team responsible for daily updates, code reviews and product improvements. You will be the owner and maintainer of your own code on our production servers. You will wear many hats and get an opportunity to prototype new features on new and exciting platforms. You will fearlessly debug our platform, digging deep into system code and the linux kernel. You’ll help us to mock up new UIs, create example projects, test cases, documentation, and all of the other critical elements of an active new platform. You’ll contribute as a team member and grow as an individual.
- A passion for the emerging Internet of Things and its possibilities
- At least 5 years of experience in developing and deploying enterprise-class web-based software on linux systems
- Advanced working knowledge of and experience with NoSQL databases and our other core technologies - MongoDB, AWS, express.js, socket.io, git
- Significant experience administering Linux systems, adding security, writing glue bash/python/perl scripts, using IT automation tools such as puppet/chef
- Determination and confidence debugging difficult problems using whatever tools are necessary - wireshark, dtrace, strace, v8-profiler, etc
- Demonstrable success working with small developer teams, under intense pressure and impossible timelines.